Wedding Anxieties

Hi.

I'm getting married in June and I think the anxiety is going to kill me. I suffer from horrific anxiety and it's causing me so much grief. I get physical pain from it and have been hospitalised twice because of the pain, really embarrassing but the doctors and nurses are always more than understanding. The wedding will be full of family, probably really loud. I'm terrified. My partner is so understanding. He's already offered to push the date back until I'm ready but I think this will always be a problem for me! 

If you've been married how did you cope and get through the wedding? My brain is all over the place, so many thoughts and worries all the time. I only got 3hrs sleep last night and I've got work tomorrow. *sobs*

I'm worried about my dress as well. I've gone for a vintage one as I thought it looks gorgeous and it was cheaper than a lot of others I looked at. I'm worried my mum will disapprove of this.

So many worries, so much stress. I wish I could hibernate and forget life for a while.

Parents
  • Hi Lollie,

I got married nearly 5 years ago.  We were lucky in one sense that we were paying for everything so I more or less told my family not to interfere and they just needed to turn up and enjoy themselves (there was still a fair amount of stress around that).  I planned everything to the nth degree with numerous spreadsheets and had people assigned roles, at one point the day was even planned down to 5 min slots and folks were rolling their eyes, but that's just me and what I'm like.

Best advice someone gave me was to plan in some time with my significant other and so we had 45-60 mins after the registry office and before the blessing/reception where we were having photos but it was just us and the photographer, no-one else. At the end of the day it is your day to commit to each other, the rest doesn't matte.  I think that's my favourite bit of the whole day as the legal bit was done with and we were just luvved up and everything else could just wait.  It goes so fast, fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

• Hi Lollie,

I got married nearly 5 years ago.  We were lucky in one sense that we were paying for everything so I more or less told my family not to interfere and they just needed to turn up and enjoy themselves (there was still a fair amount of stress around that).  I planned everything to the nth degree with numerous spreadsheets and had people assigned roles, at one point the day was even planned down to 5 min slots and folks were rolling their eyes, but that's just me and what I'm like.

Best advice someone gave me was to plan in some time with my significant other and so we had 45-60 mins after the registry office and before the blessing/reception where we were having photos but it was just us and the photographer, no-one else. At the end of the day it is your day to commit to each other, the rest doesn't matte.  I think that's my favourite bit of the whole day as the legal bit was done with and we were just luvved up and everything else could just wait.  It goes so fast, fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

Children
  • Hi Joe, thanks for the advice. The families are paying for the majority, though we have put in a lot as well but mostly it is parents. I would have been happy for a smaller quiet wedding, office do would have been good but hubby to be wanted it to be our dream wedding so that's that.

Thank you xx hoping it will all go really well. Going to sit down and plan everything together this coming month, try and build an image of it all in our minds.