Wedding Anxieties

Hi.

I'm getting married in June and I think the anxiety is going to kill me. I suffer from horrific anxiety and it's causing me so much grief. I get physical pain from it and have been hospitalised twice because of the pain, really embarrassing but the doctors and nurses are always more than understanding. The wedding will be full of family, probably really loud. I'm terrified. My partner is so understanding. He's already offered to push the date back until I'm ready but I think this will always be a problem for me! 

If you've been married how did you cope and get through the wedding? My brain is all over the place, so many thoughts and worries all the time. I only got 3hrs sleep last night and I've got work tomorrow. *sobs*

I'm worried about my dress as well. I've gone for a vintage one as I thought it looks gorgeous and it was cheaper than a lot of others I looked at. I'm worried my mum will disapprove of this.

So many worries, so much stress. I wish I could hibernate and forget life for a while.

Parents
  • It's supposed to be your day! Why would you allow it to be ruined by it being too loud? I hate discos so I had a ceilidh at mine. Your dress sounds lovely, wear it with aplomb and confidence - it's not your Mum who is marrying you so her opinion is not the most important one! If you can't keep the guest list down then at least try to ensure you have a venue where there is a quiet place you can sneak off to for a rest and a break whenever you need to. I didn't have this but it would have been a good idea. Can you ask your GP for some anxiety meds just to hep you through it? It's probably better to get it over with rather than putting it off. Although eloping must seem a tempting option at this point!

• It's supposed to be your day! Why would you allow it to be ruined by it being too loud? I hate discos so I had a ceilidh at mine. Your dress sounds lovely, wear it with aplomb and confidence - it's not your Mum who is marrying you so her opinion is not the most important one! If you can't keep the guest list down then at least try to ensure you have a venue where there is a quiet place you can sneak off to for a rest and a break whenever you need to. I didn't have this but it would have been a good idea. Can you ask your GP for some anxiety meds just to hep you through it? It's probably better to get it over with rather than putting it off. Although eloping must seem a tempting option at this point!

Children
  • Anxiety meds is a good shout. I was on them ages ago but how I am now is likely a good sign that I need them again. Such a shame but if it helps then that's all that matters.

Both sides of the family have been politely interfering and putting on pressure where it really isn't needed. 

Luckily it will be at a lovely old hotel so I can at least sneak away if I need to. I've already said about doing this and Matthew (husband to be) is more than understanding of that thankfully xx