Does anybody have a food they can't stand?

I've never been able to tolerate eggs, partiularly egg white. And even the thought of fried eggs makes me feel sick!!!

As a child I felt pretty queasy about hot milk and cheese too, though I enjoy cheese now. My other used to fry a lot of things in lard, and I couldn't stand that either, and as mine were born in the 30's there wasn't much patience for any of this kind of finickiness.

Sometimes there are supermarkets that fry food here too. When that it is full swing, it can be very hard not to retch. 

Parents
  • I can't think of any other foods I don't like. For me, it is how the food is presented. I have to have everything relatively separated on the plate, or in separate dishes. If food is jumbled together, no matter what it is, it makes me feel sick and not want to eat it.  

I can think of lots of foods I do like, though. I love fresh tomatoes, carved ham, freshly baked bread, or warm baguettes with lots of butter. The more simple the food, the more I like it. 

I just thought of one food I tasted and was almost sick with it. Plant-based bacon. I think it's a relatively new product, but it was utterly disgusting. I couldn't say it was completely tasteless, because it did have a taste... melted plastic. 

Thankfully, my phase of vegetarianism only lasted for a few months and I am back enjoying real bacon now! 

• I can't think of any other foods I don't like. For me, it is how the food is presented. I have to have everything relatively separated on the plate, or in separate dishes. If food is jumbled together, no matter what it is, it makes me feel sick and not want to eat it.  

I can think of lots of foods I do like, though. I love fresh tomatoes, carved ham, freshly baked bread, or warm baguettes with lots of butter. The more simple the food, the more I like it. 

I just thought of one food I tasted and was almost sick with it. Plant-based bacon. I think it's a relatively new product, but it was utterly disgusting. I couldn't say it was completely tasteless, because it did have a taste... melted plastic. 

Thankfully, my phase of vegetarianism only lasted for a few months and I am back enjoying real bacon now! 

Children
No Data