Does anybody have a food they can't stand?

I've never been able to tolerate eggs, partiularly egg white. And even the thought of fried eggs makes me feel sick!!!

As a child I felt pretty queasy about hot milk and cheese too, though I enjoy cheese now. My other used to fry a lot of things in lard, and I couldn't stand that either, and as mine were born in the 30's there wasn't much patience for any of this kind of finickiness.

Sometimes there are supermarkets that fry food here too. When that it is full swing, it can be very hard not to retch. 

Parents
  • Used to be quite picky. Couldn't handle onions, any kind of squash, cantaloupe, fake banana flavoring, cooked carrots, bunch of other stuff.  It has gotten a lot better with age. There are still a lot of things I'm not fond of, but which I can make myself eat to be polite. The only thing that remains absolutely off-limits is yellow squash. Just too awful. 

• I know you mean yellow vegetable squash but you reminded me of orange squash drink everyone expected children to like when I was a child. Drinking it gave me the shivers. Then to make matters worse at a party you could be expected to drink it with a savoury sandwich.

• I know you mean yellow vegetable squash but you reminded me of orange squash drink everyone expected children to like when I was a child. Drinking it gave me the shivers. Then to make matters worse at a party you could be expected to drink it with a savoury sandwich.

Children