Does anybody have a food they can't stand?

I've never been able to tolerate eggs, partiularly egg white. And even the thought of fried eggs makes me feel sick!!!

As a child I felt pretty queasy about hot milk and cheese too, though I enjoy cheese now. My other used to fry a lot of things in lard, and I couldn't stand that either, and as mine were born in the 30's there wasn't much patience for any of this kind of finickiness.

Sometimes there are supermarkets that fry food here too. When that it is full swing, it can be very hard not to retch. 

Parents
  • broad beans. Mushy peas. Ketchup (shudder). Baked beans. Carrot and parsnip mash. 

Very much worst case scenarios in the Russian roulette of dinners growing up, and when sprirasicakly living back at home for a while there before getting this place. 

• broad beans. Mushy peas. Ketchup (shudder). Baked beans. Carrot and parsnip mash. 

Very much worst case scenarios in the Russian roulette of dinners growing up, and when sprirasicakly living back at home for a while there before getting this place. 

Children
  • I was going to say mushy peas too! Pre-chewed peas (shudder)! I was forced to have a few garden peas as a child, but I would swallow them whole like pills. Thus broad beans was the only veg my parents let me opt out of on the grounds I would probably choke myself to death trying to swallow it whole! I did like the other veg they gave me. Except the runner beans my grandparents grew which somehow were like razors. I could tolerate green beans as they are mostly pod. Somehow we never had baked beans or other beans at home, which I was glad of.

My infant school had the traumatic rule with school dinners that you had to put one veg on your plate, but they often only offered a choice between mushy peas and pickled beetroot, vinegar being one of my other vile that's not edible things. They didn't mind if you ate it or not as long as you put it on the plate. Which offended me because a) it was pointless because no way was either of those two things ever going to pass my lips, b) therefore it was wasteful and c) they both leak strongly coloured liquids onto the other food. It's a wonder I never developed that food touching other food OCD thing my sister has! As mushy peas smell less than vinegar I usually had to have some on my plate but they gave me nightmares! And yes I did talk about this in my autism pre-assessment!

Wow this topic is popular, there have been 5 new replies as I was typing this!

• Yep, that’s deffo how  you spell sporadically isn’t it? 

• Green beans are horrific too.