Ennui

ennui
noun
  1. a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
    "he succumbed to ennui and despair"

Why do i want to give up on life?  On the face of things i am a clever, loved and popular man.  But it's never enough.  My intellectual stridency means there will always be those who loathe, fear and envy me.

So much of life is just keeping yourself occupied and busy i think. I am the very opposite of  occupied and busy. My thoughts occupy me.  Make no mistake about it, this Autism is something to cope with at best. At least for me. Some others can cope but i'm not coping at all well.

I don't know what anyone can say to this.  Any thoughts are appreciated! Perhaps you have felt the same?

P.S this was meant to go in the Mental Health section
Parents
  • I understand and relate. In this hospital unit it's literally the same stuff every day, writing, drawing, colouring, reading and always under supervision. Most of the time lay on the bed, count marks on the ceiling...

Keeping busy is key but I'm also the opposite. Slippery slope, hard to get out of this rut.

Keep spirits up. It's just a blip and you'll get out of it. Being here might not help you at times, it's a bit heated at the moment.

• Some need to loosen the collar.

The internet created a vessel for people to misdirect their anger at others.

Reply Children