New Years Eve

What are you doing tonight? Do you stay up until midnight?

I used to stay up until the early hours after midnight but haven't for a few years. I'll probably watch some films and go to bed, probably about 10 maybe a little after.

Downside to tonight is that people do fireworks and they last all night. I'm not sure about everyone else but fireworks are way too noisy for my liking, there should be a law against it after 9pm lol.

I'm looking forward to 2023 - I'm hoping it will be a good year and some positive things will happen, hopefully for all of us :) 

Parents
  • The wife and I are staying in tonight and cooking something nice, 

Jools Holland's Annual Hootenanny on the tv, The Real Thing will be performing,( sorry music trivia is one of my hobbies), they took their name from the side of a Coca-Cola bottle. We had family visit over Christmas so it will be nice to not mask and just be me. It’s wet and windy outside so we are quite happy to just enjoy each other’s company. I may even crank up the gramophone and cut a groove in the rug!
  • UB40 took their name from the unemployment form they had to fill out to get the dole when they were out of work trying to start up the band 

• Really liked Red, Red  Wine, written and originally performed by Neil Diamond. The Frankie Valli song “walk like a man” has that line. It comes from a John Wayne film,” The Searchers” It really struck a note with Valli, as a teenager it was basically the “man up” message, I think a lot of young men have suffered that message. That’s why he wrote the song.

• I love 10cc, thats such a good song. Dreadlock holiday was my favourite of theres. 
    Dont worry Im not very good at reading between the lines either :-)

Yes its a message I felt growing up, dont show your feelings or your sensitive side just be a macho man like all the other boys. Did me a lot of damage too

Sorry to hear your feeling maudlin, I have been struggling tonight too so I understand 

• Sorry, I’m a bit rubbish at reading between the lines. It’s a message that most probably hurt a lot of undiagnosed autistic boys. Just mask and smile! Sorry I’m maudlin now. Happy New Year.

Just remembered, big boys don’t cry is the last line of a 10cc song, I’m not in Love.

• Oh i know thats the message he was trying to dispel. I was just agreeing with him that its such a bad message if that makes sense 

• That’s exactly the message he was trying to dispel. Was you actually referring to another one of his songs? Big girls  don’t cry.

• Yes I like red red wine too. I dont know that Frankie Valli song, I will look it up. I agree though, I think a lot of us men have suffered from that. Its like the "boys dont cry" saying. Just teaches men to bottle things up and not say how they feel and makes us feel we always have to be strong 

• Yes I like red red wine too. I dont know that Frankie Valli song, I will look it up. I agree though, I think a lot of us men have suffered from that. Its like the "boys dont cry" saying. Just teaches men to bottle things up and not say how they feel and makes us feel we always have to be strong 

Children
  • I love 10cc, thats such a good song. Dreadlock holiday was my favourite of theres. 
    Dont worry Im not very good at reading between the lines either :-)

Yes its a message I felt growing up, dont show your feelings or your sensitive side just be a macho man like all the other boys. Did me a lot of damage too

Sorry to hear your feeling maudlin, I have been struggling tonight too so I understand 

• Sorry, I’m a bit rubbish at reading between the lines. It’s a message that most probably hurt a lot of undiagnosed autistic boys. Just mask and smile! Sorry I’m maudlin now. Happy New Year.

Just remembered, big boys don’t cry is the last line of a 10cc song, I’m not in Love.

• Oh i know thats the message he was trying to dispel. I was just agreeing with him that its such a bad message if that makes sense 

• That’s exactly the message he was trying to dispel. Was you actually referring to another one of his songs? Big girls  don’t cry.