New Years Eve

What are you doing tonight? Do you stay up until midnight?

I used to stay up until the early hours after midnight but haven't for a few years. I'll probably watch some films and go to bed, probably about 10 maybe a little after.

Downside to tonight is that people do fireworks and they last all night. I'm not sure about everyone else but fireworks are way too noisy for my liking, there should be a law against it after 9pm lol.

I'm looking forward to 2023 - I'm hoping it will be a good year and some positive things will happen, hopefully for all of us :) 

Parents
  • This year is the weirdest new year because late Thursday eve we had to take my Dad to hospital with an emergency kidney stone infection and he is still there so we will be taking him some of his stuff soon. He certainly did not expect to see the new year in on a ward. 

Pre-covid we would have been going to a friend's party, not too many people, good food and a few tolerable party games, but we'd always be pressured to stay too late, so would feel rough on the first day of the year. But we are trying to avoid covid so not able to go to that anyway for the 3rd year now. 

I have an online knitting event I usually do which has a sort of new year party on a forum, which has been fun, but for the first time in years I stopped not even halfway through that event which I usually enjoy (it runs several weeks) so don't know if I will feel like doing that, with Dad and everything.

What I most like doing for new year is my year end review and goal setting for the coming year. I have not done this yet because I am all put about with my Dad. I no longer feel it is imperative this has to be done on the last and first days of the year though, so will probably just do this on another day soon.

Don't think I'll deliberately stay up. I am already tired so more likely to be an early night when we get home from hospital.

It always felt an odd one to me as a kid. We would be dragged to the NYE parties my parents went to, which were usually with people who had kids our age. But I would often try to find a quiet spot and ponder the changing of the year and what it all meant. How was I supposed to feel? Assuming I was supposed to feel some particular way, why was this?

• This year is the weirdest new year because late Thursday eve we had to take my Dad to hospital with an emergency kidney stone infection and he is still there so we will be taking him some of his stuff soon. He certainly did not expect to see the new year in on a ward. 

Pre-covid we would have been going to a friend's party, not too many people, good food and a few tolerable party games, but we'd always be pressured to stay too late, so would feel rough on the first day of the year. But we are trying to avoid covid so not able to go to that anyway for the 3rd year now. 

I have an online knitting event I usually do which has a sort of new year party on a forum, which has been fun, but for the first time in years I stopped not even halfway through that event which I usually enjoy (it runs several weeks) so don't know if I will feel like doing that, with Dad and everything.

What I most like doing for new year is my year end review and goal setting for the coming year. I have not done this yet because I am all put about with my Dad. I no longer feel it is imperative this has to be done on the last and first days of the year though, so will probably just do this on another day soon.

Don't think I'll deliberately stay up. I am already tired so more likely to be an early night when we get home from hospital.

It always felt an odd one to me as a kid. We would be dragged to the NYE parties my parents went to, which were usually with people who had kids our age. But I would often try to find a quiet spot and ponder the changing of the year and what it all meant. How was I supposed to feel? Assuming I was supposed to feel some particular way, why was this?

Children