Autistic and Christian

Is there anybody out there who feels they so much want to fit in with everyone else but struggles to at church.  Does your church open and understand your autism.  What can we do to change struggles we have in a busy church environment?  Autism christian bible study groups etc?  I am thinking at random.  What are your thoughts and what are your struggles? 

Parents
  • Reading through a lot of this it strikes me that there seem to be a lot of us that are in a similar boat, confused or alone and needing answers but unable to get the support we need through church because it is very NT and not full of autistic people.

I wonder if we could create some sort of support group for autistic Christians where we could talk about things and support and encourage each other?

Not sure if that made sense but its an idea ive had for some time 

• I suppose so. Given the geographical spread though it would have to be an online thing. Like a discord group.

Reply Children
  • ok discord is part chatroom, part skype, part twitch. it's a service where you can get a free 'server'. on each server there are several channels. Some channels are text channels, basically a chat room. some channels let you post images and text. Some are voice channels where people can talk to each other. Some let you stream video, say of yourself playing a game on your computer, possibly while people chat with you via voice or text.

• What is discord? I have heard so much about it but I dont understand it