Autistic and Christian

Is there anybody out there who feels they so much want to fit in with everyone else but struggles to at church.  Does your church open and understand your autism.  What can we do to change struggles we have in a busy church environment?  Autism christian bible study groups etc?  I am thinking at random.  What are your thoughts and what are your struggles? 

Parents
  • I desperately need God irrespective of whether God exists or not.  I nurture the best concept I can have of that God in myself and do my best to improve conscious contact with it despite the seeming impossibility imposed by my own negativity and the lack of support from most humans I meet.

Mortality makes humans unreliable in the end so depending on them for the answers that matter is like depending on squirrels or trees for the answers that really matter.  
    Church is sufficiently supportive and nurturing of aspect of my spiritual needs but it is the best efforts of human beings and I have to allow them their flaws, mistakes and the weaknesses that  mortality imposes.

Christianity has always been misrepresented because no one represents it perfectly except the first one. But it is still worth it for non-Gods to try to represent Christianity to the best of their ability: progress not perfection.  

• I desperately need God irrespective of whether God exists or not.  I nurture the best concept I can have of that God in myself and do my best to improve conscious contact with it despite the seeming impossibility imposed by my own negativity and the lack of support from most humans I meet.

Mortality makes humans unreliable in the end so depending on them for the answers that matter is like depending on squirrels or trees for the answers that really matter.  
    Church is sufficiently supportive and nurturing of aspect of my spiritual needs but it is the best efforts of human beings and I have to allow them their flaws, mistakes and the weaknesses that  mortality imposes.

Christianity has always been misrepresented because no one represents it perfectly except the first one. But it is still worth it for non-Gods to try to represent Christianity to the best of their ability: progress not perfection.  

Children
No Data