Meltdown due to noisy neighbours

Hello, new member here. I've only recently been diagnosed with autism so I'm doing a lot of learning. Piecing together things that I thought was just me being crazy and unlovable a lot of the time was actually undiagnosed autism. It hasn't felt good though and has strangely left me feeling more isolated and stressed.

My housemate is away and last night my downstairs neighbours were playing music so loudly I could basically feel it through the floor. I tried knocking/ringing on their door but they didn't open it, and eventually I got so stressed by it I couldn't eat and completely broke down. I think loneliness and things being really busy at work haven't helped, but is getting this upset over noisy neighbours normal for people with autism or am I just extra sensitive?

Any shared stories or info would be appreciated. Thanks 

Parents
  • Totally normal . I litrally feel like I want to peel my skin of when there is noise I can't control such as loud music. Misophonia is an element of autism . Look into sensory overload and get yourself a emergency kit . I have ear plugs , noise cancelling headset and blind fold if I need a brain break. Maybe try explaining to your neighbours outside of the situation see if you can't come to a compromise x

• Totally normal . I litrally feel like I want to peel my skin of when there is noise I can't control such as loud music. Misophonia is an element of autism . Look into sensory overload and get yourself a emergency kit . I have ear plugs , noise cancelling headset and blind fold if I need a brain break. Maybe try explaining to your neighbours outside of the situation see if you can't come to a compromise x

Children
No Data