Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents Reply Children
  • I agree 100% with what you say about NOT giving away information such as postal address, and not lending or giving someone money.

However, I will have to agree to disagree with your comment about this site not being real life. As a result of reading old posts on this site, I am aware that some members have formed genuine friendships with other members. It's resulted in them meeting up for get-togethers in real life.

• this site, after all it's not real life, it is the internet.

Say what now?   Is that how you have survived and thrived within these pages for so long now?  Treat it like an alternate reality?  That would make it very unappealing to me - I like the fact there are so many real humans banging around here attached to the end of each little white text outburst.  Friendly and real ?