What do you like most about your home?

I was just talking to this lovely nurse and was explaining that going outside makes me anxious because of the people and unfamiliar surroundings and she asked me what I like most about my home and what makes it safe for me. And I thought that would be interesting to ask here as well, if you're comfortable to say of course :) 

I like a lot of things about my home. All my favourite possessions are there. It's peaceful and I know I'm always comfortable and happy there. And probably the best thing is it's in the countryside.

Not a lot I know but they are big things for me.

Parents
  • Home can be a little place of all the things precious to you. A place built purely for you and that represents your interests. A museum cabinet of memories, preferences and security.

For me my home is all of these things, but it also a place where I get to explore the art of efficiency. I have routines and rituals that I can complete in a certain way at home, that I can’t in other places, just for the very fact that I have designed my space around these requirements. It’s quite a wonderful, but also very unique, place as a result of this personalisation. 

• I always like that idea of ‘A Cabinet of Curiosities’ - a home can sometimes be like that. 

• I agree and I think I talk about collections, both physical and thought based (e.g memories), as representations of myself. I love to collect things and display them, as you would in a cabinet and home is definitely like that for me, or perhaps I’m learning that I’m just really interested in cabinets…

• I agree and I think I talk about collections, both physical and thought based (e.g memories), as representations of myself. I love to collect things and display them, as you would in a cabinet and home is definitely like that for me, or perhaps I’m learning that I’m just really interested in cabinets…

Children
No Data