What do you like most about your home?

I was just talking to this lovely nurse and was explaining that going outside makes me anxious because of the people and unfamiliar surroundings and she asked me what I like most about my home and what makes it safe for me. And I thought that would be interesting to ask here as well, if you're comfortable to say of course :) 

I like a lot of things about my home. All my favourite possessions are there. It's peaceful and I know I'm always comfortable and happy there. And probably the best thing is it's in the countryside.

Not a lot I know but they are big things for me.

Parents
  • I like my flat because it's large, on the first floor, so safe from flooding and not many stairs to climb.

Outside I have a woodland area, a stream going past, a pond a couple of minutes away. Plenty of wildlife, foxes, squirrels, a grey Heron, kingfishers, ducks, moor hens.

The neighbors are neither nosy or noisy.

A good bus route, shops within ten minutes.

• I love Herons - they are so impressive. They remind me of Jurassic Park Joy

Youre very lucky to have Kingfishers - I have only seen a Kingfisher 2 or 3 times, I’d love to see them more often. I have tawny owls living at the back of my house and I love them so much. I can even call them to come closer - but try not to do this too often as I feel guilty for disturbing them! 

• Jealous of your owls Kate! I should be grateful for the occasional robin though, which always feels special. I had a pheasant in my garden the other day for quite a while. A female one. Liked my overgrown grass I think 

Reply Children
No Data