Secretly diagnosing People!

I can’t help it. I guess it takes one to know one, and no, I’d never say anything to that person about it!

Also, does anyone else see a TV personality, notice that they are Autistic, and research them only to find that yes, they are? 

Parents
  • Having worked in special schools, I can usually spot the kids with ASC, ADHD or whatever.  In church, a parent said her child was awaiting assessment and I said that I guessed as much. Similarly, when of my neighbours said that her son was autistic I was not surprised, I had suspected years ago that he was neurodivergent but had not said anything as it wasn't my business.  I find that kids learn to mask in formal settings at school but get them "in the wild" in after-school clubs and community activities and the traits become apparent if you know what to look for.

Adults are harder to read because they tend to have more experience with masking, but yes, I spot the traits. In tv dramas, I wonder if some characters are being played particularly well, or if the actors themselves really are autistic.

• Having worked in special schools, I can usually spot the kids with ASC, ADHD or whatever.  In church, a parent said her child was awaiting assessment and I said that I guessed as much. Similarly, when of my neighbours said that her son was autistic I was not surprised, I had suspected years ago that he was neurodivergent but had not said anything as it wasn't my business.  I find that kids learn to mask in formal settings at school but get them "in the wild" in after-school clubs and community activities and the traits become apparent if you know what to look for.

Adults are harder to read because they tend to have more experience with masking, but yes, I spot the traits. In tv dramas, I wonder if some characters are being played particularly well, or if the actors themselves really are autistic.

Children
No Data