Sense of self

Does anyone else have difficulty with knowing what they look like, or how they feel?  It sounds weird, but I noticed that I rely on other peoples views on what I look like a lot. I was trying to buy a foundation and an assistant helped me.  In the shop I was convinced it matched like she said.  I tried it on at home and it looks too dark now, but I'm not sure.  I was looking at my face and I just can't tell.  Without peoples opinions on things I feel like there isn't much there. I know some people use that against me to manipulate me sometimes, but it takes a while for me to realise that.  When I was younger I had a different hairstyle every months as people would tell me what would look good.  It took me a while, but then I realised I didn't like being treated like a doll. This is a confused ramble, but does anyone know what I mean? My sense of self is so weak, I feel like I can be convinced of anything by anyone to the point of needing their direction. \part of me knows it shouldn't be like that.

Parents
  • I don't relate completely but I understand having little to no self worth. I understand kind of following what others say to do, but with me it's mental related like this voice says don't do your hair or eat this instead of that.

Sounds confusing for you. I hope you can work everything out for yourself.

All the best.

• I don't relate completely but I understand having little to no self worth. I understand kind of following what others say to do, but with me it's mental related like this voice says don't do your hair or eat this instead of that.

Sounds confusing for you. I hope you can work everything out for yourself.

All the best.

Children