Sense of self

Does anyone else have difficulty with knowing what they look like, or how they feel?  It sounds weird, but I noticed that I rely on other peoples views on what I look like a lot. I was trying to buy a foundation and an assistant helped me.  In the shop I was convinced it matched like she said.  I tried it on at home and it looks too dark now, but I'm not sure.  I was looking at my face and I just can't tell.  Without peoples opinions on things I feel like there isn't much there. I know some people use that against me to manipulate me sometimes, but it takes a while for me to realise that.  When I was younger I had a different hairstyle every months as people would tell me what would look good.  It took me a while, but then I realised I didn't like being treated like a doll. This is a confused ramble, but does anyone know what I mean? My sense of self is so weak, I feel like I can be convinced of anything by anyone to the point of needing their direction. \part of me knows it shouldn't be like that.

Parents
  • I think its kind of seeking validation in what you look like.  Maybe something to do with lack of confidence amd wanting to fit in maybe?  Im a bloke and not much help im afraid.  I barely look in the mirror to be honest, except when i cut my own hair.

When i wad younger, i was convinced everyone was staring at me and judging everything.  The truth is no one really cares.  I know its hard but, just but what you like as your choices are what makes you up.

• I think its kind of seeking validation in what you look like.  Maybe something to do with lack of confidence amd wanting to fit in maybe?  Im a bloke and not much help im afraid.  I barely look in the mirror to be honest, except when i cut my own hair.

When i wad younger, i was convinced everyone was staring at me and judging everything.  The truth is no one really cares.  I know its hard but, just but what you like as your choices are what makes you up.

Children