Have you bought a dog for autistic child?

After lots and lots of research we decided last weekend to go choose a puppy for our son. We took him with us and thoroughly enjoyed playing with the mum dog. We collect puppy in a few weeks. Since telling people we are getting a therm we've had some really negative feedback and people saying we are taking on too much. I know a puppy will be hard work but there are many reasons why we are getting one for my son. People's comments have hurt me. We are getting a golden retriever cross labrador as that's what had bed. Recommended to you'd by several parties. Have you bought a body for your autistic child? If so how has it benefitted them?

Parents
  • I think it is a great idea. You are getting the best breed of dog for your kid as well. You are doing the right thing, and yes it will be more work at the start, but give it a couple of months when the pup is trained and you will reap the benefits - I have 8 dogs, 7 outside and one in the house, my son loves them and I think they really help him. Dont listen to negative opinions, even if they are well meaning.

Enjoy your pup ;)

• I think it is a great idea. You are getting the best breed of dog for your kid as well. You are doing the right thing, and yes it will be more work at the start, but give it a couple of months when the pup is trained and you will reap the benefits - I have 8 dogs, 7 outside and one in the house, my son loves them and I think they really help him. Dont listen to negative opinions, even if they are well meaning.

Enjoy your pup ;)

Children
No Data