New job and want to quit

My new job is going very badly.  I really feeling like quitting after two and a half weeks.  I'm making silly mistakes and I'm having difficulty remembering to follow all their procedures.  I'm definitely in the wrong type of work.  It's an office based job involving routine, repetitive work, the other trainees are doing better than me.

I can't quit because if I did I would be intentionally unemployed and the job centre would refuse to pay me and I would end up penniless, homeless and destitute.  But this job is driving me nuts.

Parents
  • Every job I've had and that includes this new one has gone wrong.  A week or two in the job and the management and co-workers discover that I'm 'different' and the bullying starts and they want me out.

I can't leave because I fall into the trap of no work, no benefits, no money.

Employers consider me unemployable, and I've been told this to my face many times.

The DWP consider me to be perfectly healthy, both physically and mentally.  Every week I have to attend a mandatory work search review at the job centre or lose my benefits 

Recently I have been referred to third party private companies who claim to help with tailored schemes.  These call themselves by various names.  

1. A Restart scheme.
    2. A Kickstart scheme
    3. A Moving Forward scheme 
    4. A Developing You scheme.

They all have features in common.

1. A new CV
    2. Apply for more jobs
    3. Apply for unsuitable jobs
    4. Lie about your qualifications and past experience.
    5. Lie about past and present health problems
    6. They make excuses to refuse to reimburse travel expenses.

It's a mad world I want to get off.

• Try speaking to the NAS to find a suitable job for you, don’t stress yourself out 

• I am stressed out because most of these experts ask about my  'personal barriers to employment'  I mention autistic traits, mental health issues, depression, heart problems, references, long gaps between jobs.

Their solution is to lie on applications and pretend to be in perfect physical and mental health.  Lie about past experience, jobs, change dates, add & remove actual educational qualifications etc.

They offer to give glowing false references, 

• That's really horrendous!!

Reply Children
No Data