New job and want to quit

My new job is going very badly.  I really feeling like quitting after two and a half weeks.  I'm making silly mistakes and I'm having difficulty remembering to follow all their procedures.  I'm definitely in the wrong type of work.  It's an office based job involving routine, repetitive work, the other trainees are doing better than me.

I can't quit because if I did I would be intentionally unemployed and the job centre would refuse to pay me and I would end up penniless, homeless and destitute.  But this job is driving me nuts.

Parents
  • Everything is still new and unsettling. You need more time to settle in and judge whether you want to stay or go. Do not start comparing yourself to others either. That’s only going to push you in one direction.

You got the job, and you’ve been there for a few weeks. That’s an accomplishment in itself.  Like a lot of us, you are probably being too hard in yourself, and expecting too much of yourself too soon.

If you can, do have a chat with your manager/supervisor. See if anything can be tweaked for you while you find your feet. 

• Everything is still new and unsettling. You need more time to settle in and judge whether you want to stay or go. Do not start comparing yourself to others either. That’s only going to push you in one direction.

You got the job, and you’ve been there for a few weeks. That’s an accomplishment in itself.  Like a lot of us, you are probably being too hard in yourself, and expecting too much of yourself too soon.

If you can, do have a chat with your manager/supervisor. See if anything can be tweaked for you while you find your feet. 

Children
No Data