Why can't NTs ever answer a straightforward question with a straightforward answer?

God, it's like getting blood out of a stone sometimes!

Usually what happens is, I'm having a conversation, one of them says something confusing. I ask what they mean and they either ask another question, or make fun of me, or stare blankly. The more I ask for clarification, the weirder they get. It's like they're playing a game.

So I usually just give up and shut up.

Why is it so frigging difficult to answer a straightforward question??

Parents
  • Because some people like to play power games and then, when you get it wrong, reinforce their oneupmanship by referring to some kind of universal law about "common sense" or "general knowledge".  A clear explanation could have prevented any of this.  

• JennyButterfly.

Yes, it seems like there's a lot of those people about doesn't it!

• When I was 11 they told me I had "antisocial tendancies".

To me it felt like I was just being bullied all the time, at school, at home, at play etc. and had just got fed up with it. 

In truth whenever humans need to bond as a group there is always a sub part of that group, who although members are not quite the same as the others. We either get to be "captain", or spend all our time "in the barrel". 

Becoming a CONTRACTOR solves most of the problems I found in employment. It sets you apart from the internal politics (mostly) and I can (usually) stand any workplace for three months at a time... I like declining the "extensions" on the rubbish contracts too.

• When I was 11 they told me I had "antisocial tendancies".

To me it felt like I was just being bullied all the time, at school, at home, at play etc. and had just got fed up with it. 

In truth whenever humans need to bond as a group there is always a sub part of that group, who although members are not quite the same as the others. We either get to be "captain", or spend all our time "in the barrel". 

Becoming a CONTRACTOR solves most of the problems I found in employment. It sets you apart from the internal politics (mostly) and I can (usually) stand any workplace for three months at a time... I like declining the "extensions" on the rubbish contracts too.

Children