Why can't NTs ever answer a straightforward question with a straightforward answer?

God, it's like getting blood out of a stone sometimes!

Usually what happens is, I'm having a conversation, one of them says something confusing. I ask what they mean and they either ask another question, or make fun of me, or stare blankly. The more I ask for clarification, the weirder they get. It's like they're playing a game.

So I usually just give up and shut up.

Why is it so frigging difficult to answer a straightforward question??

Parents
  • I find this too! Bloody confusing...

Me: What do you mean? 

Them: What do you think I mean?

Me: I can't really answer without this clarification...

Them: Clarification?

Me: Feck off your annoying me now...

• Chris. You hit the nail right on the head there! I have that conversation soooo often with people. Especially a particular email friend. When she goes into that, I just stop replying to her.

And also, if you fall into the trap of saying what you think they meant, they say, 'oh right' and don't clarify. Or take offence at what you thought they meant.

Just answer the damm question FFS!

• Chris. You hit the nail right on the head there! I have that conversation soooo often with people. Especially a particular email friend. When she goes into that, I just stop replying to her.

And also, if you fall into the trap of saying what you think they meant, they say, 'oh right' and don't clarify. Or take offence at what you thought they meant.

Just answer the damm question FFS!

Children
No Data