Work hours too much

My 20 year old son has just been diagnosed autistic.  He started a new job in Sept which was 16 hours which suited him.  he didn't tell them about his diagnosis and wanted to try and "get by".  His hours have now increased to 32 per week and he can't cope.  The problem is he really likes the job and the people but can't bring himself to speak to them and explain.  He would rather leave the job - he really needs to work it's done him the world of good up to now.  Any suggestions how I can get him to speak to his Manager (he won't let me do it!)

Parents
  • cant he just make do and continue?
    whats the problem?

i dont speak to my colleagues much too, i just get on with my work.... not speaking and getting on with my work makes me better at work and do more and better than anyone else, which makes the work place love me and the other colleagues like me more despite never speaking to them much or saying much of a word. if his issues is that he feels he needs to speak to his work mates more but cannot, he shouldnt be bothered about that, in the end not speaking will probably make him be more respected than speaking. the silent work horse is a more respectable figure than a generic worker that speaks, speaking even the normies slip up on and cause troubles for themselves and others. trust me its better not being a speaker and just being the silent work horse that people will look up to and respect more.

edit: there were a few that was odd but the few that were cold and weird with me ended up being found out to be theives anyway and fired, which is probably why they was weird and cold as theyd be on edge of being found out and tryna cover their crimes up all the time and be paranoid and distrustful.

• I think you’ll find that he does not want to discuss the reason why he is unable to work more hours. It hasn’t been said that he doesn’t speak to his colleagues otherwise when needed.

• aye suppose so, but if he doesnt want to discuss it he wont get it solved will he?
    all we can do is guess in that case yes and then brainstorm ideas to help right?

my next guess is that perhaps he just wants more free time, more time to game in his life as lets face it full time work doesnt leave much time for anything else, i do 15 hours per day some times lol i got over my evasion of work by spending most of my life unemployed and squeezing all the fun out of everything to the point work then becomes the fun thing and everything else becomes depressing. that takes time though and alot of thought and personal growth...or personal decline however you wanna see that slip into everything turning dull in life to the point work is refreshing.

• yes, it's a popular tendency, more and more 

to make yourself feel better after thinking about geniuses on top you should watch The Apprentice, and what happens when they actually have to work LOL

Reply Children
No Data