Uni experiences?

Hiya,

What is everyone's experience with Uni? Would you do it again? What were the best and worst parts?

Alisha xx

Parents
  • Best parts were living in Greater London, so I could travel to places I like a lot easier than from home. And I was doing a course that I really enjoyed overall, as it was a creative course that let me make stuff with my hands.

The main worst part was my autism going undiagnosed and not knowing what I needed to make my uni experience easier on myself; I got so stressed from pushing forward through high anxiety that I had a full on autistic breakdown in third year and suffered from depression. But I was lucky in that there were people around me I could ask for support from to get me through the course.

Overall I would say my uni experience was worth it, as I came away with a lot of creative skills and a degree. But if I had to do it again I would definitely approach things differently knowing what my autism requires, and I'd ask for reasonable adjustments etc.

• Best parts were living in Greater London, so I could travel to places I like a lot easier than from home. And I was doing a course that I really enjoyed overall, as it was a creative course that let me make stuff with my hands.

The main worst part was my autism going undiagnosed and not knowing what I needed to make my uni experience easier on myself; I got so stressed from pushing forward through high anxiety that I had a full on autistic breakdown in third year and suffered from depression. But I was lucky in that there were people around me I could ask for support from to get me through the course.

Overall I would say my uni experience was worth it, as I came away with a lot of creative skills and a degree. But if I had to do it again I would definitely approach things differently knowing what my autism requires, and I'd ask for reasonable adjustments etc.

Children
No Data