Why bother with Philosophy?

People wonder what the meaning of life is. However, reality is unexplainable.

Just accept that the majority are dumb, and that utopia is a pipe dream. Our thinking should be used to solve problems, rather than achieve some illusory goal.

Parents
  • I believe all philosophers end up in philosophy prompted by the question of Fate or Free Will. Between the lot of them (I'm generalising a bit, but not much), they could've written The Matrix. 

Philosophy isn't actually about the meaning of life, that's a spiritual quest. It's a science and like all sciences will help give identification to seemingly invisible systems at play. Without philosophy we wouldn't have the fundamentals needed for the Justice System, Education or Psychology. We wouldn't have rules to measure science by, the construct of ethics or aesthetics and right about now, the quest for expressing aesthetics is almost becoming a measure of survival for hyper-sensory individuals. 

I'd say definitely bother with it! But one doesn't need to start with Plato. Peel through the philosophy section of a library and find someone who speaks to you. 

• The point is that we can never achieve utopia. Good and evil are out there. Unfortunately, evil is growing stronger.

• What does utopia look like to you?

Reply Children
No Data