Why bother with Philosophy?

People wonder what the meaning of life is. However, reality is unexplainable.

Just accept that the majority are dumb, and that utopia is a pipe dream. Our thinking should be used to solve problems, rather than achieve some illusory goal.

Parents
  • One of my clients was a professor of moral philosophy.

We had many interesting conversations, and were sometimes at odds with each other, which added to the fun, at least for me.

He actually thought some of my thinking  made me somewhat of an outlier, such as holding two opposing  views simultaneously.

I'm not even sure that's possible, but i like to think that it is.

I was particularly interested in whether our philosophy informs our psychology, and vice versa.

My view is, neurology, psychology, philosophy, plus a load of environmental noise thrown in to confuse things.

I also have some form of nihilistic view, so nothing matters, everything is equally meaningless, and equally valuable, it's all subjective, let's all get along, we'll die soon enough.

Maybe I spent too long peering into the abyss, hahaha, oh.

• One of my clients was a professor of moral philosophy.

We had many interesting conversations, and were sometimes at odds with each other, which added to the fun, at least for me.

He actually thought some of my thinking  made me somewhat of an outlier, such as holding two opposing  views simultaneously.

I'm not even sure that's possible, but i like to think that it is.

I was particularly interested in whether our philosophy informs our psychology, and vice versa.

My view is, neurology, psychology, philosophy, plus a load of environmental noise thrown in to confuse things.

I also have some form of nihilistic view, so nothing matters, everything is equally meaningless, and equally valuable, it's all subjective, let's all get along, we'll die soon enough.

Maybe I spent too long peering into the abyss, hahaha, oh.

Children
No Data