Mental illness

The job centre have now referred me to the government RESTART scheme, run by a private company called Maximus.

Yesterday I had my induction, phone appointment.  As part of this induction they asked about my health and disabilities and the women on the line often repeated what I said, to double check the accuracy.  I mentioned autism, she repeated, ' you suffer from the mental illness autism.'

Parents
  • Update.

This week I only have two face to face appointments.

On Monday I visited Maximus and received some useful information.  That is that it doesn't matter what experience or qualifications one has, or how well you answer interview questions.  What really matters is how likable you are.  The job will go to the person that the interviewer actually likes.  Unfortunately I am very unpopular, unlikable and a social outcast.

Today I have my universal credit, job centre appointment.  The reminders are driving me nuts.  I have an online journal which I check every day and it clearly informs me of any appointments. 

Yesterday I received.

1. An email reminding me of my 10am appointment.
    2. A text message reminding me of my 10am appointment.
    3. Finally an actual voice phone call from the job centre reminding me that I have a 10am appointment.

I'm tempted not to go to my 10am  appointment and say I forgot.

• I went to my 10am appointment.

Next job centre appointment in 5 days time.  The bus fares are starting to be a financial drain.

• Next job centre appointment in 5 days time.  The bus fares are starting to be a financial drain.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-6-expenses

Reply Children