Mental illness

The job centre have now referred me to the government RESTART scheme, run by a private company called Maximus.

Yesterday I had my induction, phone appointment.  As part of this induction they asked about my health and disabilities and the women on the line often repeated what I said, to double check the accuracy.  I mentioned autism, she repeated, ' you suffer from the mental illness autism.'

Parents
  • You need to contact your local Autism Advocate and get them to assist you into making a formal complaint, because they should already of had autism related training as they are subcontracted by the government. I do have to admit that because i am now an autism advocate and have witnessed neurotypical training other neurotypicals about Autism extremely poorly they focus on the low functioning and children and they still educate using outdated and false information I have managed to get three people sacked who where educating doctors, support workers and government workers. their is a massive problem out their with this.

• You need to contact your local Autism Advocate and get them to assist you into making a formal complaint, because they should already of had autism related training as they are subcontracted by the government. I do have to admit that because i am now an autism advocate and have witnessed neurotypical training other neurotypicals about Autism extremely poorly they focus on the low functioning and children and they still educate using outdated and false information I have managed to get three people sacked who where educating doctors, support workers and government workers. their is a massive problem out their with this.

Children