Jaffa Cakes

Are Jaffa Cakes a cake or a biscuit? 

Who else loves Jaffa Cakes? 

Parents
  • Ok but...anyone else hate Jaffa cakes with a passion though? Like I'm not normally a sensory person but that chocolate, squigy jelly, soft biscuit texture is just too muchJoy

• That's fighting talk! (or hate speech :c)

You take that back, you dirty "Jaffist", you !!

(With Autists, we tend to be very literal, so my tongue in cheek comment there, using as it does inflammatory and accusatory language, could easily be misread, whereas this sort of humour seems to be the very stuff of normie society. It is intended to cause slight amusement on behalf of the person it is aimed at).

Perhaps a more honest and Autistic way to comment would be, "Wow, what you dislike are the very things I like most! One can either eat them in bits and enjoy the interplay of textures and tastes as the manufacturer intended or one can carefully eat the chocolate first, (any other approach is very messy, without using some sort of freezing spray) then (if one is feeling adventurous) then the cake, OR the orangey bit (tm).

I had a marks and sparks jaffa cakes (I Think they were a dark or red fruit) cause me a painful reaction in my mouth, they tasted delicious, but I just couldn't eat 'em.

Well I could, but I assumed my body was trying to tell me something important, so I didn't.

• That's fighting talk! (or hate speech :c)

You take that back, you dirty "Jaffist", you !!

(With Autists, we tend to be very literal, so my tongue in cheek comment there, using as it does inflammatory and accusatory language, could easily be misread, whereas this sort of humour seems to be the very stuff of normie society. It is intended to cause slight amusement on behalf of the person it is aimed at).

Perhaps a more honest and Autistic way to comment would be, "Wow, what you dislike are the very things I like most! One can either eat them in bits and enjoy the interplay of textures and tastes as the manufacturer intended or one can carefully eat the chocolate first, (any other approach is very messy, without using some sort of freezing spray) then (if one is feeling adventurous) then the cake, OR the orangey bit (tm).

I had a marks and sparks jaffa cakes (I Think they were a dark or red fruit) cause me a painful reaction in my mouth, they tasted delicious, but I just couldn't eat 'em.

Well I could, but I assumed my body was trying to tell me something important, so I didn't.

Children
No Data