Social Media is Simultaneously One Of The Most Incredible and Terrible Inventions of the 21st Century

That’s my opinion I find the concept of social media hard to tackle in my brain because of my view on but curious to see what you think.

Parents
  • I totally agree. I prefer message boards like this, where everything is in public with no private messages. Me and my girl friends on Twitter were just saying today how someone follows us, we innocently follow them back, then the next minute he's sending private messages chatting us up/ trying to sell us bitcoin or something! Rage 

I think the best thing they could do with the internet is just turn it into a massive library with no way of contacting others, except on public message boards with moderators like it used to be. Had the best fun in the days of message boards!

• I would actually go one step further, in that I would ban all access to the internet and mobile phones for all under 21’s and even then, I would develop a licence system, where a person would have to prove their fitness as a “fit and proper person” to hold an internet/mobile phone licence, proven to a police inspector and also to prove that they actually need such licences - if so, they would then have to apply to a court in an open court hearing in front of a judge and jury to have such licence application granted and only on the condition of close supervision and monitoring on an ongoing basis (because the right to online privacy is constantly being abused) this licence would only be valid for 12 months and this process would have to be repeated 

• I would actually go one step further, in that I would ban all access to the internet and mobile phones for all under 21’s and even then, I would develop a licence system, where a person would have to prove their fitness as a “fit and proper person” to hold an internet/mobile phone licence, proven to a police inspector and also to prove that they actually need such licences - if so, they would then have to apply to a court in an open court hearing in front of a judge and jury to have such licence application granted and only on the condition of close supervision and monitoring on an ongoing basis (because the right to online privacy is constantly being abused) this licence would only be valid for 12 months and this process would have to be repeated 

Children
No Data