Imagining a neurodivergent world

If there were fewer barriers to neurodivergent contributions, how might NDs shape the world? 

Parents
  • There are no real barriers apart from the ones you create for yourself with poor decisions.        If you go digging, most of aerospace, engineering, behind the scenes of the film industry, TV, architecture, computing, electronics etc. are all being pushed forward by ND people.

If you look at any softer things like animal care, it's almost all staffed by ND people.    

As an ND person, if you find where you fit, you can make things happen.

The only real problem is a lot of ND people accidentally end up in situations where they have to interface too much with the NT world - and that's where the problems start.

• I have proven myself to be more than competent in Administration and Reception roles, but the employers still choose the young Hussy who just left Tech over me.

Reply Children
  • I was treated like a God at the Admin role I had at the Community Dental Practice in Portadown. However, I didn't need an interview for that role.

Interviews are the kiss of death for me. They're more than impressed by my CV/Application Form, until I him and ham during the questions. (in spite of so much training around interview skills since sixteen years of age)

• Administration and Reception roles

All those type of roles are almost completely reserved for NTs - it's all social and political with small-talk around the water-cooler.