Imagining a neurodivergent world

If there were fewer barriers to neurodivergent contributions, how might NDs shape the world? 

Parents
  • If I could change one thing in the NT world, it would be more acceptance of being different. So that I don't fell "weird" or "strange" or "disordered". If I didn't have to mask so much and pretend I was like them. What about you?

• It would be wonderful if people weren't so threatened by difference and maybe celebrated it instead, or at least have the courage to address the fear and replace it with curiosity. Different perspectives could gently open up the world to reveal possible solutions to our seemingly intractable problems like poverty, violence, exploitation, and inequality.

For neurodivergent people, being on the periphery gives us a unique perspective and it seems a shame not to be able to share those perspectives without eliciting fear in others. I believe that if there were fewer barriers then NDs could bring a whole new dimension to how we see, understand, and interact with the world. 

And that sounds exciting to me Slight smile

• It would be wonderful if people weren't so threatened by difference and maybe celebrated it instead, or at least have the courage to address the fear and replace it with curiosity. Different perspectives could gently open up the world to reveal possible solutions to our seemingly intractable problems like poverty, violence, exploitation, and inequality.

For neurodivergent people, being on the periphery gives us a unique perspective and it seems a shame not to be able to share those perspectives without eliciting fear in others. I believe that if there were fewer barriers then NDs could bring a whole new dimension to how we see, understand, and interact with the world. 

And that sounds exciting to me Slight smile

Children
No Data