MBTI personality test

Has anyone here done the MBTI personality test? The link is here:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I am INFP-T and the description fits me perfectly. I think there is some truth to it, the personality types do reveal a lot of character traits of a person. I'm usually quite good at guessing friends' MBTI types.

Parents Reply
  • I dunno. I'm thinking that it seems like they've written an awful lot of information and made it just general enough so that anyone can read it and find something familiar in it. It's a bit like Astrology, and people who read their horoscopes, if you want to believe it, you'll find something to latch on to.

Children
  • Yes. It's been studied and it's called the 'Barnum effect' That's exactly what these personality quizzes and astrology both do. 

• Astrology is a little different than Jungian psychology. Personality can be shaped by character growth - discipline and wisdom. Astrology is based on this nebulous external factor which one is subject to, like Greek Mythological Fates. the goal of psychology is understanding ourselves and others, learning that not everyone experiences feeling valued the same or not everyone achieves things the same way. At it's best, I've used it to evaluate compatibility with partners. Though everyone can become a mature and considerate version of themselves, do I want to be subjected to years of another's extroverted lifestyle? Probably not.