Hope Therapy?

I'm being sent on 'Hope Therapy' at the hospice in a few weeks.    It's designed to motivate terminally ill people to look at the bright side of their situation and motivate them off of the sofa.

I'm not sure if I should go.        I have a huge extrovert personality, the engineer in me has already sorted my priorities and bucket list and it putting it all in action.   I've dealt with all the trash of my life and I've sorted all the paperwork of my existence.

The program is very mindfulness / hope diary based - I'm not sure that's at all compatible with me - I can't imagine Mr Data taking part..   It seems aimed at people who are crushed by their diagnosis and situation.    The research all seems from over 30 years ago - mainly in 3rd world countries - not sure how well that transfers to the UK.

Unfortunately, I'm the most positive, motivated, up-beat, energised, go-getting - depressed - person on the planet.

I'm actually concerned that I will damage or break the other people in the group when they are most vulnerable.

Has anyone else heard of this program and has it helped anyone you knew?

Parents
  • Your self confidence is already there and I’m surprised they’re offering this unless it’s a routine.

you may be able to pass some of your positivity to others...... although to me it has been quite destructive 

• Your self confidence is already there and I’m surprised they’re offering this unless it’s a routine.

you may be able to pass some of your positivity to others...... although to me it has been quite destructive 

Children
  • It's definitely a routine offering.    They are feeling guilty for believing the '2 weeks to flatten the curve' and they abandoned everybody.immediately - a year ago - so they are tentatively restarting services

And Dave, I *really* only wish the best for you - for you to be able to move forwards and look at all your positives.     

This dwelling on something that is a long time ago is wasting so much of your life.     You only get your "three score years and ten" so wasting over 15 years of it over making an error you can't change seems to be such a shame.   .