Lack of motivation

I am feeling very depressed and demotivated at the moment. I am studying from home, I'm doing an art and design course at a college, and I'm finding being stuck in my room all the time and not being able to go into college extremely demotivating and uninspiring. I'm quite behind on my coursework at the moment.

I'm not sure how to raise my motivation levels. I take antidepressants and supplements, I eat healthy food, I go for walks. I think part of the reason why I'm so demotivated is because I'm always stuck on my own in my room and have very little social interaction. I have very few friends, who all have full-time jobs and/or partners and I'm incredibly lonely - I maybe see people once in 2 weeks. 

Any tips to raise motivation levels or stimulate myself while stuck in isolation? Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • My  son is studying at the moment and has been getting behind in his course and is going to have to resit some of his assessments in the summer. I think that isolation has played a part of this. I think that you are doing so well managing to do all that you are. I would find not seeing another person for two weeks, very isolating. 

Do you have any family that can support you at the moment?

• My  son is studying at the moment and has been getting behind in his course and is going to have to resit some of his assessments in the summer. I think that isolation has played a part of this. I think that you are doing so well managing to do all that you are. I would find not seeing another person for two weeks, very isolating. 

Do you have any family that can support you at the moment?

Children
  • Heh thanks. And no. I have an Aunt that I have a good relationship with, but she lives in another country. We speak on the phone once in 2 weeks. I am extremely lonely - I have about 4 good friends, all of whom are busy with their full-time jobs/partners/pets so I don't get to see them often.