Private Diagnosis

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting a private diagnosis done and was this then accepted by the local authority to then allow you to get the treatment and help your child needs?  My son is 2 and 4 months old and I would like to get his treatment started as soon as I can but it seems like they will only accept the NHS diagnosis. Not sure what my options are other than sit and wait which I don't want to do with everything saying early intervention is key. 

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you may have

Karen

Parents
  • Private for children is a lot more expensive that for adult diagnosis. Have you spoken with your GP? If you contact speech and language in your area, they can identify potential indicators of ASD, their report will detail support to be provided by the early years setting. If your child is not in an early years setting then that would be good to arrange, discuss your concerns with them, the senco will be able to work with you on a support plan. Hope that helps

• Private for children is a lot more expensive that for adult diagnosis. Have you spoken with your GP? If you contact speech and language in your area, they can identify potential indicators of ASD, their report will detail support to be provided by the early years setting. If your child is not in an early years setting then that would be good to arrange, discuss your concerns with them, the senco will be able to work with you on a support plan. Hope that helps

Children
No Data