Fundraising opportunity- please help!!

To whom it may concern,

Allow me to first introduce myself. My name is Rebecca. I’m 20 years old from Carrickfergus and was diagnosed with Autism aged 18. Currently, I am in my second year of Ulster university studying youth work, working part-time in my local McDonald’s and thriving in both my professional and personal life. This, wouldn’t have been possible without the National Autistic Society.

The National Autistic Society has shown me unwavering support since my diagnosis and have sent countless gifts and further information to help me gain the confidence within myself that I felt was knocked following my diagnosis and I would like to repay my gratitude by holding a fundraising night, on July 4th 2021, which is also the date of my 21st birthday. Aligning with COVID-19 guidelines of course.

The reason I am writing is because I have been researching and I would really appreciate it if anyone could kindly point me in the direction of how I could go about getting materials for this fundraising event as I would love to start putting things in motion and promoting it as soon as possible. I’m very excited to reveal this to my friends and family as it’s something I’ve wanted for a while now.

I read on the National Autistic Society’s website that they offer both a letter of authority to present to businesses and also press release templates. This would be wonderful for two reasons, there are many businesses in the small town of Carrickfergus who I feel, would happily contribute to this cause so very close to my heart. I have a good standing in my community and I feel this will be a great way to reconnect after the events of 2020 verging into 2021.

I have many ideas surrounding promotion, what will be involved on the night, reaching out to people within my community and overall goals and objectives.

Thank you so very much for reading this email, it comes with my gratitude and upmost respect. If you find yourself able to help me I will leave my contact details below.

Mobile number ; (Removed by Mod)

Email ; (Removed by Mod)

Alternatively, (Removed by Mod) however I do urge to only contact this number if the number above or the email does not respond. I check my emails daily and will be on the lookout for your response.

Yours sincerely, Rebecca

Parents
  • Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your post. I have deleted your contact information as it breaks number 2 in our rules:
    This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself.
    You can find our rules in full here:
    Thank you for your interest in raising money for the National Autistic Society. For more information, please check the following page,
    You can also contact our fundraising team using these details: Tel: 0808 800 1050 Email:  fundraising@nas.org,uk
    Kindest regards,
    Eunice Mod
  • Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your post. I have deleted your contact information as it breaks number 2 in our rules:
    This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself.
    You can find our rules in full here:
    Thank you for your interest in raising money for the National Autistic Society. For more information, please check the following page,
    You can also contact our fundraising team using these details: Tel: 0808 800 1050 Email:  fundraising@nas.org,uk
    Kindest regards,
    Eunice Mod
Children
No Data