Intervention

I read a lot of American autism sites and they all talk about "early intervention" being the key to "recovery".

What do they mean and why is the British view of autism so different? Can you recover from autism?

Parents
  • Autism is for life. 

I can however see that early intervention and support gives any individual more confidence, self-esteem, strategies and tools to utilise throughout life providing a better chance of reaching their full potential and minimising a lot of the stress.

Just my thoughts based on what I have read and experienced with my own son who has Aspergers.  We struggle with our school who seem to think they can discipline our son into getting rid of Aspergers so he will be like the rest of the class.  Very frustrating.

• Autism is for life. 

I can however see that early intervention and support gives any individual more confidence, self-esteem, strategies and tools to utilise throughout life providing a better chance of reaching their full potential and minimising a lot of the stress.

Just my thoughts based on what I have read and experienced with my own son who has Aspergers.  We struggle with our school who seem to think they can discipline our son into getting rid of Aspergers so he will be like the rest of the class.  Very frustrating.

Children
No Data