Challenging public policy and gagging orders

There's an interresting piece in the Guardian about the potential reluctance of charities to challenge public policy due to a fear of losing contracts with local or national governments or due to gagging clauses placed within those contracts - here:(www.guardian.co.uk/.../charities-public-policy-funding-fears)

Can the NAS confirm whether there are any gagging orders in any of its contracts with local authorities, councils, national bodies or other public institutions?

Parents
  • Hope said:

I think the NAS does some good in some respects: the quarterly Asperger United newsletter, this forum, and Communication magazine. However, I agree that too much space is dedicated to those at the very severe end of the spectrum. It would be better if more coverage were given to those with Aspergers, and more help provided. And Communication magazine has too many adverts, mainly recommending NAS services. More space should be given to helping people, instead of exercises in PR and self-aggrandizement.

The problem with self-interest groups is that they not now promote the public good, because is it an economical entity, making the interest more to do with an accountants balance sheet, than real work in the community, the NAS should have LAS(local autism centres) around the country, simple fractal economics of harmony white noise(NAS) and the pink fractal background noise(LAS) producing.  

• Hope said:

I think the NAS does some good in some respects: the quarterly Asperger United newsletter, this forum, and Communication magazine. However, I agree that too much space is dedicated to those at the very severe end of the spectrum. It would be better if more coverage were given to those with Aspergers, and more help provided. And Communication magazine has too many adverts, mainly recommending NAS services. More space should be given to helping people, instead of exercises in PR and self-aggrandizement.

The problem with self-interest groups is that they not now promote the public good, because is it an economical entity, making the interest more to do with an accountants balance sheet, than real work in the community, the NAS should have LAS(local autism centres) around the country, simple fractal economics of harmony white noise(NAS) and the pink fractal background noise(LAS) producing.  

Children
No Data