Challenging public policy and gagging orders

There's an interresting piece in the Guardian about the potential reluctance of charities to challenge public policy due to a fear of losing contracts with local or national governments or due to gagging clauses placed within those contracts - here:(www.guardian.co.uk/.../charities-public-policy-funding-fears)

Can the NAS confirm whether there are any gagging orders in any of its contracts with local authorities, councils, national bodies or other public institutions?

Parents
  • Your mostly right about all that Hohner - In my many jobs I've witnessed customers asking for an invoice completely different to the service they took so they can charge their company more money. A company manager using the company credit card for personal things and trying to disguise them, staff calling his mum in Italy every night - came to hundreds of pounds every month. Another debt collection company tracing people by using illegal methods. Another company price fixing. I once did voluntary work for a charity, I walked out a few hours because the main business was raising funds by begging letters and the director was paying himself a huge salary. I found this is the case with so many charities - even this one - the director gets paid over £100,000 plus expenses - in my opinion that is completely unacceptable. I have also worked with government (not UK) and they were totally corrupt. I once also worked in Burma, my boss would come periodically and give US$ for the bills and the manager would exchange them to local currency - after about a year I found he was exchanging them for about 40% more than the government rate, we assumed we had to exchange them at the official government place - he got sacked when I exposed it. As for NAS and 99% of charities, they are nothing but money making enterprises that spend a small proportion of the money they are donated to the actual causes they claim, most of the money is spent on structure/expenses/administration and salaries as well as investing in fund raising, while these may be necessary the ratios are exorbitant. Many of these charities still advertise on TV or have teams that roam the street to get people to sign for £2 per month despite having hundreds of millions in the bank, and I find it disturbing that many have chief executives paid over £100,000 plus expenses - with expenses and employer NI contributions this probably comes to £110,000 minimum - thats 55,000 people's £2 a month - these 55,000 people think their £2 is going to feed a donkey/give a child sight/water etc when its just covering the salary of one person.

Everywhere you go people are just corrupt, they have no morals, no standards and its all about self self self and what they can get out of the rat race by fair means or foul.

Take me to any company or organisation anywhere in the world and I will see all the wrong doing/theft and corruption from the staff up to the boardroom.

In my opinion the majority of people who have money have it because they have done something wrong and the bigger a company is the more corrupt they are, it has got so bad recently and is getting worse, everyone does it because everyone else is doing it attitude.

• Your mostly right about all that Hohner - In my many jobs I've witnessed customers asking for an invoice completely different to the service they took so they can charge their company more money. A company manager using the company credit card for personal things and trying to disguise them, staff calling his mum in Italy every night - came to hundreds of pounds every month. Another debt collection company tracing people by using illegal methods. Another company price fixing. I once did voluntary work for a charity, I walked out a few hours because the main business was raising funds by begging letters and the director was paying himself a huge salary. I found this is the case with so many charities - even this one - the director gets paid over £100,000 plus expenses - in my opinion that is completely unacceptable. I have also worked with government (not UK) and they were totally corrupt. I once also worked in Burma, my boss would come periodically and give US$ for the bills and the manager would exchange them to local currency - after about a year I found he was exchanging them for about 40% more than the government rate, we assumed we had to exchange them at the official government place - he got sacked when I exposed it. As for NAS and 99% of charities, they are nothing but money making enterprises that spend a small proportion of the money they are donated to the actual causes they claim, most of the money is spent on structure/expenses/administration and salaries as well as investing in fund raising, while these may be necessary the ratios are exorbitant. Many of these charities still advertise on TV or have teams that roam the street to get people to sign for £2 per month despite having hundreds of millions in the bank, and I find it disturbing that many have chief executives paid over £100,000 plus expenses - with expenses and employer NI contributions this probably comes to £110,000 minimum - thats 55,000 people's £2 a month - these 55,000 people think their £2 is going to feed a donkey/give a child sight/water etc when its just covering the salary of one person.

Everywhere you go people are just corrupt, they have no morals, no standards and its all about self self self and what they can get out of the rat race by fair means or foul.

Take me to any company or organisation anywhere in the world and I will see all the wrong doing/theft and corruption from the staff up to the boardroom.

In my opinion the majority of people who have money have it because they have done something wrong and the bigger a company is the more corrupt they are, it has got so bad recently and is getting worse, everyone does it because everyone else is doing it attitude.

Children
No Data