Big Disappointments

I'm doing a big of a bucket-list run-through and trying things I've never done before.

The last two have been real let-downs - I tried black pudding - never liked the thought of it - and it was gross - like a great big greasy scab.

The other is something that my brother-in-law has been promoting for years - a McFish Fillet burger.   It's the only thing he eats from McD.

Had one yesterday - it's just a big fish finger with practically no flavour.   Watery and bland.    It rates as a great big 'meh'.

What have you done recently that was not as described?

Parents
  • I went to a 'mindfulness' workshop over zoom. We had to listen to grating crackly audio telling us to be relaxed and I can tell you it was not a relaxing and I did not 'feel sleepy'. All of this talk about 'letting your thoughts pass by' sounds more like 'mindlessness' than 'mindfulness' to me and I get annoyed or just find it too funny. (I know it helps some people. I just personally get on better with chill music and youtube yoga.)

• The crackly line instantly made me think of this:-

Dalek relaxation HAHA...

www.youtube.com/watch

As for mindfulness, I've been on an introductory course and found it extremely beneficial when operated in person with the tutor right there. It is not for everyone though as everything is not for everybody.

Reply Children
No Data