Cash or card?

With the pandemic and multiple lockdowns, there have been a few changes to life.

One still puzzles me.

When paying, some places are card only, others cash only.  Why the inconsistency?

In my local shopping area.

KFC is card only.

Chinese takeaway is cash only.

Indian takeaway is also cash only.

Why?

Parents
  • When you lose cash, absolutely EVERYTHING can be tracked and controlled - what you are 'allowed' to buy, your location tracked, your bank balance and savings monitored.       The government will be able to direct-debit any fines they want.

Every transaction will be monitored - so what happens if you donate to the 'wrong' political party or buy too many cigarettes or you took part in a protest so your travel rights are suspended?

With no cash, all high street banks will close - your only way to complain will be via e-mail or overseas call centre - if you have enough communication credit to phone them.

• I hope so - but do you understand the purpose of smart meters?   Variable tariff charging and second-by-second billing?   And remote control disconnection?   Have you looked at Agenda 2030 and the 'Green New Deal' and all that they will cause?

Reply Children
No Data