Smells you love and smells you hate.

Just thought I would start an informal discussion about the smells that you love and the smells you hate.

I hate the following smells:

Cigarette smoke - I have to hold my breath when walking past a smoker, or walk in the opposite direction.

Hand cream - hate the strong smelling one that some people apply in my company. I say nothing because I don't like conflict, but it makes me gag, and so I have to hold my breath.

Strong perfume and deoderant

Car exhaust fumes

Food smells in confined spaces, like the smell of other peoples' fish and chips when I am on the train

Seaweed

Bonfire smoke

Smells I love:

Tea

Pastries

Fresh bread

The countryside

Sheep and cattle smells

Parents
  • Smells, bring back memories.  So whether I like or hate certain smells depends on the memories I associate with them. 

I hate the smell of certain disinfectants,  I often go into shops near closing time to avoid the crowds, unfortunately at that time the staff are often cleaning the floors.  And the smell of disinfectant makes me feel ill.  It reminds me of my many hospital stays.  Where they used the same disinfectant on their floors.

I love the smell of books, especially a brand new one as I open and read it for the first time.  Different types of paper have very distinctive smells.  These remind me of my childhood and pleasant memories of libraries and bookshops.

• Smells, bring back memories.  So whether I like or hate certain smells depends on the memories I associate with them. 

I hate the smell of certain disinfectants,  I often go into shops near closing time to avoid the crowds, unfortunately at that time the staff are often cleaning the floors.  And the smell of disinfectant makes me feel ill.  It reminds me of my many hospital stays.  Where they used the same disinfectant on their floors.

I love the smell of books, especially a brand new one as I open and read it for the first time.  Different types of paper have very distinctive smells.  These remind me of my childhood and pleasant memories of libraries and bookshops.

Children
No Data