Smells you love and smells you hate.

Just thought I would start an informal discussion about the smells that you love and the smells you hate.

I hate the following smells:

Cigarette smoke - I have to hold my breath when walking past a smoker, or walk in the opposite direction.

Hand cream - hate the strong smelling one that some people apply in my company. I say nothing because I don't like conflict, but it makes me gag, and so I have to hold my breath.

Strong perfume and deoderant

Car exhaust fumes

Food smells in confined spaces, like the smell of other peoples' fish and chips when I am on the train

Seaweed

Bonfire smoke

Smells I love:

Tea

Pastries

Fresh bread

The countryside

Sheep and cattle smells

Parents
  • Easy said:
    and Toast is a huh ? Maybe because it brings on anxiety about burning down the house ? Seems to be an issue with association rather than the smell itself.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly sensory. 'Cos it's not just toast, but anything that gets burnt to the point of being almost purely carbon. However, I really dislike that burnt carbony tatse, and I am very particular about just how toasted toast should be, so there may be an element of association, just not an anxiety association thing.

• Easy said:
    and Toast is a huh ? Maybe because it brings on anxiety about burning down the house ? Seems to be an issue with association rather than the smell itself.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly sensory. 'Cos it's not just toast, but anything that gets burnt to the point of being almost purely carbon. However, I really dislike that burnt carbony tatse, and I am very particular about just how toasted toast should be, so there may be an element of association, just not an anxiety association thing.

Children
No Data