Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • I'm new to the community

I have a 20yr old son with Autism and I have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in september 2010. My desire is to communicate with indviduals on the spectrum. I feel a high level of isolation, with no support from friends ( because I have none) and a lack of understanding from family members who fail to understand the concept of what it really means to be me." I look perfectly normal" (Whatever that means.) My anxiety level seem to be permanently high, at times I feel so afraid not knowing the reasons for my fears

I suspect there are many members of both side of my family that are on the Autistic spectrum owing to the high level of disfunction and the traits are clearly visible.

My desire is to obtain mutual support from this community as I've never meet anyone I can really relate to or who fully understand what it's like to be me. There are times I think how nice it would be to have just "one" really good friend.

S

• I'm new to the community

I have a 20yr old son with Autism and I have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in september 2010. My desire is to communicate with indviduals on the spectrum. I feel a high level of isolation, with no support from friends ( because I have none) and a lack of understanding from family members who fail to understand the concept of what it really means to be me." I look perfectly normal" (Whatever that means.) My anxiety level seem to be permanently high, at times I feel so afraid not knowing the reasons for my fears

I suspect there are many members of both side of my family that are on the Autistic spectrum owing to the high level of disfunction and the traits are clearly visible.

My desire is to obtain mutual support from this community as I've never meet anyone I can really relate to or who fully understand what it's like to be me. There are times I think how nice it would be to have just "one" really good friend.

S

Children
No Data