Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • I'm a Mom of two lovely children. I have a lovely biy who is 5 and my gorgeous girl is 7. My 7 year old daughter has autism. I say this although it hasn't as yet been diagnosed but has been prevelant since she was two. We are about to start the diagnostic process any day now (awaiting first appointment). We do have an appointment tomorrow with our local mental heath team as my daughter went through a suicidal phase. I wanted to join the community for some advice and support through the process. This is our second time of getting my daughter assessed. The first time (when she was around 3 yrs old) we were told that she presented with Autistic traits but was very imaginative so they left her case open for a year. As she has aged the deficit (in some respects) between herself and her peers is huge and makes everything more apparent and I am desperate for her to receive the help and support she needs.

I think that just about covers everything! Personally, I'm a dog person, I enjoy cooking, baking, reading and studying!

:~)

• I'm a Mom of two lovely children. I have a lovely biy who is 5 and my gorgeous girl is 7. My 7 year old daughter has autism. I say this although it hasn't as yet been diagnosed but has been prevelant since she was two. We are about to start the diagnostic process any day now (awaiting first appointment). We do have an appointment tomorrow with our local mental heath team as my daughter went through a suicidal phase. I wanted to join the community for some advice and support through the process. This is our second time of getting my daughter assessed. The first time (when she was around 3 yrs old) we were told that she presented with Autistic traits but was very imaginative so they left her case open for a year. As she has aged the deficit (in some respects) between herself and her peers is huge and makes everything more apparent and I am desperate for her to receive the help and support she needs.

I think that just about covers everything! Personally, I'm a dog person, I enjoy cooking, baking, reading and studying!

:~)

Children
No Data