Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • My name is Lindsay and I am currently in my last year of teacher training. I have had 2 teaching practices so far, both of which I have had pupils with Autism in my class.

I have joined the community in order to enhance my understanding of Autism as a whole and develop my ablity to include children with Autism more in the education system. I don't believe as trainee's we are provided with enough insight and information about children with Autism and are therefore unprepared when it comes to teaching them; I have experienced this feeling twice now and do not feel it is fair on the child.

I have started a discussion about problem solving in maths and the difficulties those with Autism face surrounding the topic. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• My name is Lindsay and I am currently in my last year of teacher training. I have had 2 teaching practices so far, both of which I have had pupils with Autism in my class.

I have joined the community in order to enhance my understanding of Autism as a whole and develop my ablity to include children with Autism more in the education system. I don't believe as trainee's we are provided with enough insight and information about children with Autism and are therefore unprepared when it comes to teaching them; I have experienced this feeling twice now and do not feel it is fair on the child.

I have started a discussion about problem solving in maths and the difficulties those with Autism face surrounding the topic. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Children
No Data