Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • How do all,

I'm 38 years old and was diagnosed with Aspergers a couple of days ago. It was January this year that my wife suggested that there might be something more to the depression and anxiety that I have had most of my life. To me it was just me, I knew I was different and couldn't fit in to social situations and had many quirks as she likes to call them. I took the AQ test online and scored 42. My wife contacted our gp and she started the ball rolling and after quite a few interviews etc here I am!! It was a great relief to be diagnosed but also a big feeling of ok what next? The main thing we will be working on is how I can get back into employment but on safer grounds this time for myself and the employer as all my previous jobs have ended badly.

Thank you kindly for setting this up....

• How do all,

I'm 38 years old and was diagnosed with Aspergers a couple of days ago. It was January this year that my wife suggested that there might be something more to the depression and anxiety that I have had most of my life. To me it was just me, I knew I was different and couldn't fit in to social situations and had many quirks as she likes to call them. I took the AQ test online and scored 42. My wife contacted our gp and she started the ball rolling and after quite a few interviews etc here I am!! It was a great relief to be diagnosed but also a big feeling of ok what next? The main thing we will be working on is how I can get back into employment but on safer grounds this time for myself and the employer as all my previous jobs have ended badly.

Thank you kindly for setting this up....

Children
No Data