Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hi Lady Lucy Welcome to the forum and yes you are in exactly the right place. The forum is for people with autism, those caring for or helping someone with autism and those who have no formal diagnosis but just want more information and support. The feelings you are experiencing are not wrong or unusual. The realisation that your child may have autism can be a daunting and, in some cases, devastating experience. There are so many emotions to go though and believe me you will go through them all. But the one thing to remember is that you are not alone. Everyone on the forum is here to help either from the point of view of a parent or from the point of view of a person with autism. You are obviously struggling at the moment and you need to make sure that you look after yourself because you will be no use to your son if you are not feeling ok yourself. Please post more and everyone will try and help you as much as they can. My son was diagnosed at the age of 18 and it has been a long hard struggle but he has just started university and left home and is coping really well and he never ceases to amaze us all. Keep posting and remember we are all here to help. Feel free to cry, laugh and rant! A good rant can really make you feel better, believe me! ColinCat
  • Hi Lady Lucy Welcome to the forum and yes you are in exactly the right place. The forum is for people with autism, those caring for or helping someone with autism and those who have no formal diagnosis but just want more information and support. The feelings you are experiencing are not wrong or unusual. The realisation that your child may have autism can be a daunting and, in some cases, devastating experience. There are so many emotions to go though and believe me you will go through them all. But the one thing to remember is that you are not alone. Everyone on the forum is here to help either from the point of view of a parent or from the point of view of a person with autism. You are obviously struggling at the moment and you need to make sure that you look after yourself because you will be no use to your son if you are not feeling ok yourself. Please post more and everyone will try and help you as much as they can. My son was diagnosed at the age of 18 and it has been a long hard struggle but he has just started university and left home and is coping really well and he never ceases to amaze us all. Keep posting and remember we are all here to help. Feel free to cry, laugh and rant! A good rant can really make you feel better, believe me! ColinCat
Children
No Data