Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hello all!

I am 34 years old (35 in a few weeks time) and was recently diagnosed as having Asperger Syndrome.  Coincidentally, I have an elderly uncle with severe (for want of a better phrase) autism.  In case anyone who knows me may be reading this forum, I'd prefer not to openly tell everyone my real name. 

One of the mental health professionals who has been looking after me suggested that I join this forum. 

What I hope to gain from it is understanding from other people with autism / asperger, share experiences, seek comfort that there are others with the same issues that I have been experiencing (depression, anxiety, memory problems, difficulty with social situations, etc), and maybe also discuss hobbies and interests. 

I have more interests than I care to mention!  But my main ones are voluntary work (I have been volunteering for a nature conservation charity for 15 years), tabletop roleplaying games, Doctor Who (both the original series and the newer series), the Doctor Who RPGS and the RPG based on Firefly/Serenity, re-enactment and LARPing, all things Goth but especially Carl McCoy / Fields of the Nephilim / Nefilim, collecting replica historical coins, collecting fake pound coins, collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props, collecting Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim records, video games, drawing (when I have the patience), etc.  I want to get back into photography. 

Ironically, for someone with mental health problems and Asperger Syndrome, I work at a NHS mental health hospital site as a clerical worker. 

Enough about me!

• Hello all!

I am 34 years old (35 in a few weeks time) and was recently diagnosed as having Asperger Syndrome.  Coincidentally, I have an elderly uncle with severe (for want of a better phrase) autism.  In case anyone who knows me may be reading this forum, I'd prefer not to openly tell everyone my real name. 

One of the mental health professionals who has been looking after me suggested that I join this forum. 

What I hope to gain from it is understanding from other people with autism / asperger, share experiences, seek comfort that there are others with the same issues that I have been experiencing (depression, anxiety, memory problems, difficulty with social situations, etc), and maybe also discuss hobbies and interests. 

I have more interests than I care to mention!  But my main ones are voluntary work (I have been volunteering for a nature conservation charity for 15 years), tabletop roleplaying games, Doctor Who (both the original series and the newer series), the Doctor Who RPGS and the RPG based on Firefly/Serenity, re-enactment and LARPing, all things Goth but especially Carl McCoy / Fields of the Nephilim / Nefilim, collecting replica historical coins, collecting fake pound coins, collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props, collecting Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim records, video games, drawing (when I have the patience), etc.  I want to get back into photography. 

Ironically, for someone with mental health problems and Asperger Syndrome, I work at a NHS mental health hospital site as a clerical worker. 

Enough about me!

Children
No Data